Beverly Hills, CA
Gagosian seeks an Archivist / Librarian to join its Beverly Hills team.
Reporting to the senior Archivists, the Archivist / Librarian will create, enhance, and manage access to 30-plus-year-photographic archival data for the Sales, Publications, and Registrar departments and maintain the library collection by researching and acquiring relevant publications. The ideal candidate will have the ability to multitask, work both independently and collaboratively, with superb communication and organization skills, and an eye for detail.
Archivist duties include but not limited to
– Field requests for photographs of artworks and exhibition installations associated with Gagosian and gallery-represented artists.
– Develop a quick response time for requests; managing multiple projects at once.
– Assemble exhibition and art fair show folders from coordinator checklists, determining which works of art must be photographed or rephotographed.
– Organize, process, and assign relevant metadata to incoming images according to documented procedures, and maintain procedural documentation supporting Archivist duties.
– Create to-scale digital art mock-ups in Photoshop.
– Review and format information output from the Gagosian database, label all incoming and outgoing artwork and exhibition imagery, and populate images in the gallery database.
– Assist senior Archivists by scheduling on and off-site photography, and securing and approving photography estimates.
– Assist with press requests and approvals for image usage.
– Ad hoc projects as assigned.
Librarian duties include but not limited to
– Research and acquire relevant publications
– Maintain physical library shelves
– Provide research assistance to staff
– Catalog books according to in-house and standard library procedures
– Create and maintain procedural documentation
– Coordinate on projects and procedures with other gallery librarians globally
– Ad hoc projects as assigned.
– Minimum of 1+ years of experience working in a library environment.
– MLIS preferred.
– Background in Art History, preferred.
– Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and basic to advanced digital photography skills. Proficiency in SketchUp a plus.
– Excellent written and verbal interpersonal communication skills.
– Knowledge and experience working with relational databases preferred.
Full-Time/Regular/Non-Exempt/Salaried position with overtime. The position schedule is Tuesday–Saturday, 9:30am–6pm, with additional hours as needed.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Archivist/Librarian (Beverly Hills)” in the subject line. Walk-ins or phone inquiries will not be accepted for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, committed to ensuring that all current and prospective employees are afforded equal opportunities.
Employee health and safety is of the utmost importance and as such Gagosian is committed to adhering to California Department of Health COVID safety guidelines.