Beverly Hills, CA
Front Desk Associate
Gagosian is hiring a full-time Front Reception Desk Associate to join its Beverly Hills team.
Gagosian seeks a polished, energetic Front Desk Associate, with knowledge and passion for the arts, to work with the public in an administrative capacity. The ideal candidate will be friendly yet professional, maintain composure under pressure, has excellent judgment and ability to prioritize, a great memory for faces, and must have outstanding phone manner.
The position schedule is Tuesday–Saturday, 9:30am–6pm, with additional hours for openings and events.
Front Desk duties include but not limited to
– Manage reception area, juggle incoming and outgoing phone calls in a bright and professional manner.
– Assist the Gallery openings, special events and meetings, such as the preparation of beverages, room reservations, press packets, catalogues, etc.
– Management and upkeep of the gallery database.
– Prepare gallery finance reports, maintain credit card receipts, and review and pay shipping invoices.
– Learn faces and names of those within the industry.
– Interact with gallery employees, interns, and clients at all levels.
– Receive, organize, and distribute mail to staff.
– Maintain a clean and tidy reception area.
– Prepare overnight shipments and messenger deliveries, book reservations for appointments, order supplies, and schedule security guards.
– Ability to work after hours for certain client viewings, openings and events.
– Assist staff with ad hoc projects as requested.
Qualifications for the role
– BA and/or Master’s degree in Art History or related field.
– Minimum one year’s experience in a gallery or museum, including internship experience.
Full-Time/Regular/Non-Exempt/Salaried position with overtime.
Salary commensurate with experience, comprehensive benefits package including two weeks’ paid vacation which increases with tenure.
Application Instructions / Public Contact Information
Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Front Desk Associate (Beverly Hills)” in the subject line. Walk-ins or phone inquiries will not be accepted for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, committed to ensuring that all current and prospective employees are afforded equal opportunities.
Employee health and safety is of the utmost importance and as such Gagosian is committed to adhering to California Department of Health covid safety guidelines.