Beverly Hills, CA
Gagosian is hiring a full-time Registrar to join its Beverly Hills team.
Qualified candidates should be detail-orientated and highly organized along with the ability to multi-task, handle a high level of volume and complexity, with attention to time-sensitivity. Must be a talented communicator, who thrives in a fast paced environment.
The position schedule is Tuesday–Saturday, 9:30am–6pm, with additional hours for openings and events.
Basic duties include but not limited to
– Assist in the safe and efficient transportation of artwork between gallery locations, storage facilities, artist studios, lenders, and fairs.
– Track release and receipt paperwork, maintain accurate database, label artwork.
– Generate in house condition reports.
– Care and maintenance of artworks, including oversight of storage and gallery inventory.
– Assist with oversight of daily movement of artworks.
– Domestic and international shipment of artwork.
– Liaise with staff, art handling companies, artist studios, fine art shippers, framers and conservators.
– Assist with packing, installation and de-installation as required by Exhibitions Coordinator.
Qualifications for this role
– Must have expertise packing and shipping of art domestically and internationally including US and international import and export regulations such as CITES.
– Excellent communication skills are required to effectively interact with all levels of the organization.
– This position requires the ability to handle a high level of volume and complexity with speed.
– Detail orientation along with the ability to multitask is a must.
– Knowledge including but not limited to strong fine-art supplier contacts, packing and crating, modes of transport, import and export compliance in the US and other countries.
– Experience managing and overseeing loans to and from Museums and other institutions.
– Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office especially Excel.
– Experience performing and reading condition reports.
– Experience lighting, hanging and installing high-value art, preferred.
– Minimum of 2 years of experience preferred handling high-value art as a Registrar in the auction/fine-art shipper/gallery/museum environment.
– BA or BS required, preferably in an art field or extensive art experience.
Full-Time/Regular/Non-Exempt/Salaried position with overtime.
Salary commensurate with experience, comprehensive benefits package including three weeks' paid vacation which increases with tenure.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Registrar (Beverly Hills)” in the subject line. Walk-ins or phone inquiries will not be accepted for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, committed to ensuring that all current and prospective employees are afforded equal opportunities.
Employee health and safety is of the utmost importance and as such Gagosian is committed to adhering to California State Department of Health COVID safety guidelines.