Beverly Hills, CA
Special Projects Assistant
Gagosian is hiring a full-time Assistant to the Director of Special Projects.
Looking for a bright, passionate, and experienced Assistant to provide research and administrative support. Ideal candidate will work closely with Director of Special Projects to develop the gallery’s legacy and estate planning initiative, exhibition development, and public programming (lectures, screenings, etc.).This person is responsible for managing all administrative related activities and daily operations of her office as well as coordinating longer term projects and conducting art historical research. Candidates must be able to prioritize and respond quickly and professionally, handle tight deadlines, manage their time effectively, and possess strong, independent judgment.
Candidate must be thorough, positive, hardworking, and able to handle small tasks and large projects. Qualified applicants should be highly personable, motivated, and responsible and can take initiative and perform multiple tasks under pressure while maintaining flexibility, a positive and friendly attitude, patience and attention to detail.
The position schedule is Monday–Friday, 9:30am–6pm, with additional hours for openings and events.
Duties include but not limited to
– Efficiently manage multiple project timelines and organize project materials
– Provide administrative support; includes making travel arrangements, composing business correspondence, drafting, editing, and proofreading presentations and other materials, and submitting expense reports
– Organize documentation regarding consignments and loan agreements
– Administer documents for exhibitions and events, organize logistics for conferences and other professional meetings
– Act as liaison between Director’s office and all departments within the gallery
– Manage Google Group outreach
Must thrive in a fast-paced environment and be happy working with the public in an administrative capacity. Passion for and knowledge of the art industry a must.
Qualifications for the role
– Must have strong knowledge of modern and contemporary art; knowledge of Gagosian artists a plus
– BA Degree required, Art History or related degree
– Excellent communication and written skills are required
– Proactive planning ability combined with keen attention to detail
– Possess excellent time management and organizational skills
– Ability to complete work efficiently and accurately in a fast-paced, deadline-driven office; able to thrive under pressure
– Interest in artists’s estates and foundations
– Strong research skills
Full-Time/Regular/Non-Exempt/Salaried position with overtime.
Salary commensurate with experience, comprehensive benefits package including three weeks' paid vacation.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Special Projects Assistant” in the subject line. Walk-ins or phone inquiries will not be accepted for this position.
Gagosian is committed to maintaining a diverse working environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.