Grosvenor Hill, London
Assistant to Director
Gagosian seeks a full-time Assistant to support a Director. The ideal candidate should possess sound organizational and writing skills with a keen attention to detail, the ability to work responsively and with discretion and to make educated and thoughtful decisions, while anticipating the ongoing needs of the Director.
Artist liaison support and project management:
– Maintain an excellent relationship with the studios of artists the Director represents; providing them with logistical and project management support on behalf of the gallery
– Support with the coordination of internal exhibitions (install logistics, sales presentations, press and marketing)
– Support with the coordination of external exhibitions for galleries and museums exhibiting the work of the artists the Director represents
– Coordinate publication process for artists’ books, exhibition catalogues, etc. edited by the Director
– Plan and monitor budgets and prepare cost estimates for exhibitions or other projects
– Coordinate artwork photography as and when necessary
– Coordinate the inclusion of the Director’s primary and secondary consignments at international art fairs and Gagosian exhibitions
– Coordinate artist commissions/installations for public and private clients
– Research, write and help put together detailed exhibition proposals and artwork texts
Client liaison/sales support:
– Provide the Director with client liaison support and engage with clients in a polite, professional manner where required with a prompt address of their concerns Ensure the Director’s clients are kept up to date with the gallery program (event invitations, online initiatives, etc.)
– Manage logistics around sales, pre or post (shipping, installation, condition reports or framing where required, proactively arrange prompt delivery of a work to the client once paid in full, etc.)
– Draft sales presentations and proposals
– Prepare and update contractual paperwork for consignments, loans, agency agreements between the artist studios and the gallery, etc.
– Conduct market and artwork research for valuations
– Support the internal Museums Committee with outreach, database management, contact and offers to institutions globally
The Director’s office management:
– Schedule and coordinate appointments for the Director, manage their calendar, travel arrangements and itineraries as well as expenses
– Manage the Director’s office to ensure smooth running of day-to-day operations and the Director’s schedule
– Maintain integrity of internal information files on the gallery database and the Director’s office record-keeping systems (in excel and google docs) for sales, consignments, offers, client interest lists, client list, etc.
Qualifications and requirements:
– BA in Studio Art, Art History, Arts Administration or equivalent experience.
– Minimum of 2 years of relevant field experience.
– An active knowledge of, and passion for, modern and contemporary art, its discourse and its institutions.
– Proficiency in PC and Mac, Microsoft Office suite, including Excel and Word, as well as Adobe Photoshop, Sketchup, and Google Suite.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills, time-management and organization.
– International experience at any level desirable.
– Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule and additional hours as needed.
– Full rights to work in the UK
Full-Time/Regular/Non-Exempt/Salaried position. Monday to Friday.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Assistant to Director” in the subject line. Walk-ins or phone inquiries will not be accepted for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, committed to ensuring that all current and prospective employees are afforded equal opportunities.