Grosvenor Hill, London
Gagosian is seeking a full-time Sales Assistant at our Grosvenor Hill gallery.
We are looking for a fully committed, highly organised and detail-oriented individual to provide sales and artist liaison support to our London sales team at Gagosian.
Duties include but are not limited to
– Providing sales support (draft consignment agreements and extensions, prepare, send and track offers, invoices, payments and coordinate shipping).
– Assisting in the preparation of consignments, both primary and secondary, for international art fairs and Gagosian shows.
– Providing client liaison support and being able to engage with clients in a polite and professional manner.
– Maintaining an excellent relationship with artists’ studios where required; providing them with administrative, logistical and project management support on behalf of the gallery.
– Assisting with market and artwork research.
– Overseeing calendar, itinerary, expenses and travel arrangements for sales team where required.
– Managing the gallery’s participation in London-based auctions and keeping the sales team updated with auction news relating to Gagosian artists.
Qualifications for the role
– Highly organized and efficient, with the ability to manage a heavy workload.
– Commitment and availability to work overtime.
– Excellent attention to detail.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– Ability to work independently and manage your own time, while also being an enthusiastic and collaborative team player.
– Ability to remain calm and composed under pressure, and manage several projects at the same time.
– Confidence using Google Drive applications, artnet, Microsoft Excel.
– A good understanding of auctions.
– Extreme discretion with confidential and sensitive information.
– Experience and confidence in both people and project management.
– Minimum experience of two years in a similar role.
Full-time/Salaried position/Tuesday-Saturday schedule.
Gagosian, 20 Grosvenor Hill, London W1K 3QD
Salary commensurate with experience.
Please send cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Sales Assistant ” in the subject line. Walk-ins or phone inquiries will not be accepted for this position.
Gagosian is committed to maintaining a diverse working environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.