Grosvenor Hill, London
Gagosian is seeking a full-time Curator/Director’s Assistant at our Grosvenor Hill gallery
We are looking for a fully committed, highly skilled and detail orientated individual to provide invaluable support to a senior Director at Gagosian. The candidate will work alongside the Director to manage their artist’s programs and execute international internal and external exhibitions, delivered to the highest standard. They will provide client liaison support and manage day to day relationships with their offices.
Duties include but are not limited to
– Provide client liaison support and manage day to day relationships with their offices (draft consignment agreements and extensions, prepare, send and track offers, invoices, payments and coordinate shipping)
– Assist in the preparation of and research for consignments, both primary and secondary, for international art fairs
– Responsible for the management of Frieze Art Fair, London
– Manage relationships with artists and their studios; providing them with administrative, logistical and project management support on behalf of the gallery
– Assist in the internal management of international exhibitions
– Maintain and update database several long-term artists projects
– Keep track of all primary works fabrication process and ensure the director and sales staff are kept updated
– Assist with market and artwork research
Qualifications for the role
– Highly organized and efficient, with the ability to manage a heavy workload
– Commitment and availability to work overtime
– Excellent attention to detail
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Strong historical background, research and writing skills
– Self-starter with the ability to work independently, yet at the same time an enthusiastic and collaborative team player
– Ability to remain calm and composed under pressure
– Ability to focus intelligently on tasks, foresee any potential questions and investigate answers before presenting problems, and not only see the wider picture of priorities, but also how the same things can be done better
– Confidence when working with numbers and using Excel
– Extreme discretion with confidential and sensitive information
– Minimum of three years' experience in a similar role at a blue chip gallery
Full-Time/Salaried position/Monday–Friday schedule.
Gagosian, 20 Grosvenor Hill, London W1K 3QD
Salary commensurate with experience.
Please send cover letter and CV to email@example.com, with “Curator/Director’s Assistant” in the subject line. Application deadline: 16 August 2019. Walk-ins or phone inquiries will not be accepted for this position.
Gagosian is committed to maintaining a diverse working environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.