Gagosian is seeking a Registrar for its London gallery.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years experience (5 years preferred) within an auction house, museum, gallery or fine art shipping environment.
The Registrar will arrange the safe packing and transport of artworks, obtaining best value while keeping artworks safe in transit. This includes shipments to and from museums, galleries, clients and artists. The candidate will maintain shipping records, condition reports and installation instructions while updating the in-house database. This is an opportunity to work on preeminent art exhibitions and international art fairs.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
– Accurate management of gallery inventory, inputting, monitoring and maintaining artwork records within the gallery database.
– Maintain and monitor the gallery TA, NIRU and customs procedures ensuring accuracy of records and all deadlines are satisfied.
– Liaising closely with the sales team, clients and shippers to ensure an effective post sales service, including obtaining estimates and arranging shipping in accordance with artwork and client requirements.
– Liaising with Exhibition Manager, Senior Registrar and Technician teams to ensure all aspects of exhibition administration, shipping in/out are effectively managed and orchestrated.
– Coordinating inbound / outbound loans and consignments ensuring all paperwork and insurance requirements are met and the calendar is accurately maintained.
– Coordination of transport and shipping in/out, for local transport, intra-gallery shipments, art fairs, loans and consignments and exhibitions with global registrar team and shippers.
– Arranging framing, condition checking and conservation as required and with necessary approvals.
– Monthly insurance reporting for gallery locations and storage facilities, reporting any requirements for excess to the Senior Registrar.
– Assisting Senior Registrar and Logistics Manager with ad hoc tasks and projects as required.
Qualifications and requirements:
– BA, preferably in a creative industry or extensive relevant experience.
– Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Workspace.
– Detail-orientated and highly organised.
– Strong multi-tasker.
– Ability to handle a complex, varied and high-volume workload whilst maintaining time-sensitivity and attention to detail.
– Must be an effective communicator, who thrives in a fast paced environment.
– Must have a good and comprehensive knowledge of U.K. and international customs regulations, procedures and requirements.
– Strong knowledge including but not limited to fine-art supplier contacts, packing and case making, modes of transport, import and export compliance.
– Ability to work a flexible schedule and additional hours as needed.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Registrar” in the subject line. Walk-ins or phone inquiries will not be accepted for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, committed to ensuring that all current and prospective employees are afforded equal opportunities.