New York, NY
Gagosian is seeking a full-time Assistant Editor to join the Gagosian Quarterly magazine in New York.
The ideal candidate will be able to effectively prioritize, handle tight deadlines, efficiently manage time, and possess strong, independent judgment. He or she must be thorough, positive, hardworking, and be willing to take initiative and perform multiple tasks under pressure while maintaining flexibility and patience.
Duties include but are not limited to
– Working with Editor-in-Chief and Managing Editor in the conception and commissioning of print and online features.
– Managing incoming and outgoing correspondence with writers, artist studios, and gallery colleagues to ensure deadlines and expectations are met.
– Obtaining and managing image rights, approvals, and reproduction agreements where necessary.
– Organizing and scheduling photography.
– Strategizing and overseeing museum and institutional advertising.
– Working with online and social media teams to strategize, schedule, and promote features.
– Working with the publisher and distribution team to promote the magazine through marketing campaigns, events, and promotional opportunities.
– Must have strong knowledge of the gallery world and modern and contemporary art.
– BA in art history or related field.
– Minimum two years experience in publishing, with knowledge of color proofing and copy editing standards preferred.
– Excellent communication and written skills.
– Possess excellent time management and organizational skills.
– Able to complete work efficiently and accurately in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
– Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite.
Full-Time/Regular/Non-Exempt/Salaried position with overtime.
Salary commensurate with experience, comprehensive benefits package including three weeks’ paid vacation and increased vacation with tenure.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Assistant Editor” in the subject line. Walk-ins and phone inquiries will not be accepted.
Gagosian is committed to maintaining a diverse working environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.