New York, NY
Gagosian is seeking Interns for the Fall to work at their Upper East Side gallery.
We are looking for highly responsible, organized, and detail-oriented interns. Must be friendly and professional, ability to prioritize and be flexible is essential. As a General Intern, you will be immersed in gallery life and will work with various departments throughout the gallery. There are also monthly intern lectures and exhibition walk-throughs with key members of Gagosian staff. Interns must be available for at least two days a week for January to May preferable and full-time internship opportunities are also available. As a Gagosian intern, you will make wonderful relationships with staff and other interns that can last throughout your career in the industry.
Work hours vary between 16–40/week with additional hours for openings and events.
Internship begins September 3, 2019 and lasts through December 20, 2019
Duties include but are not limited to
– Assisting gallery staff with daily operations
– Greeting visitors
– Participating in gallery 0penings and events
– Working on projects as needed
– Current undergraduates, recent graduates or post-graduates with degrees in Art History or related field
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
– Prior museum, auction house, or gallery experience preferable
Full-time and part-time positions available/hourly
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “General Intern” in the subject line. Walk-ins or phone inquiries will not be accepted for this position.
Gagosian is committed to maintaining a diverse working environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.