New York, NY
Gagosian Gallery is seeking an experienced, flexible, collaborative, transparent, and responsive leader to manage the growing needs of three busy and dynamic Chelsea exhibition spaces in the role of Administrative Manager. The ideal candidate will possess a broad and strong track record in people management and administrative functions. We are looking for a team-oriented manager who is hands-on, a superior problem solver, and can demonstrate a proactive and transparent approach to management, including career development for entry-level staff members. This role reports to the Director of Operations in Chelsea and will be a conduit to the HR and Finance departments.
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to
- Oversee daily activities of the Front Desk and Interns, and security guards;
- With the Director of Business, Chelsea, ensure the Chelsea galleries are appropriately staffed with Sales team members;
- Lead, motivate and support the Chelsea staff to create a positive workplace environment;
- Identify staffing needs and propose solutions in consultation with HR; lead interviewing, onboarding and training for -public-facing roles;
- Manage the internship program for Chelsea, in partnership with the program coordinator for NY;
- Maintain accurate and up to date records of expenses relating to gallery supplies, including bill payment, collecting and coordinating and managing orders for staff and general needs for all three locations;
- Work closely with Exhibitions and Operations teams in preparing for exhibitions, planning construction, and overall business related to Chelsea galleries;
- Works with staff visiting from any of our global locations to accommodate their need for office space, assistance, etc. while in Chelsea for viewings and exhibitions;
- Act as a point person during events to manage logistics, respond to requests and troubleshoot issues as they may arise;
- Liaise with the Director of Operations regarding ongoing and future construction projects to organize temporary seating and other logistical concerns.
- Strong organizational, financial, project and time management skills.
- Proven ability to be proactive, communicate, motivate and lead.
- Collaborative management style and proven success in problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Management of multiple spaces a plus.
- Experience managing multiple simultaneous projects both large and small.
- Strong Excel skills to manage projects, budgets and invoice logs.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. safely.
-Ability to work flexible hours, as needed, for events and after hours viewings.
Full-Time/Regular/Exempt/Salaried position with overtime.
Salary commensurate with experience; comprehensive benefits package.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Administrative Manager” in the subject line. Walk-ins or phone inquiries will not be accepted for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, committed to ensuring that all current and prospective employees are afforded equal opportunities.
Employee health and safety is of the utmost importance and as such Gagosian is committed to adhering to New York State Department of Health COVID safety guidelines.