New York, NY
Appraisal Assistant (Temporary)
Gagosian Art Advisory is hiring a full-time, temporary Appraisal Assistant to join its small, yet dynamic team.
The ideal candidate is friendly yet professional, maintains composure under pressure, has excellent judgment and ability to prioritize, possess sound organizational, research and writing skills with a keen attention to detail. The incumbent will have the ability to work responsively and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
The position schedule is Monday - Friday.
Basic duties include but are not limited to
– Manage and maintain data entry into database for appraisal and collection management projects.
–Provide administrative support to the Art Advisory team.
– Research works of art for fine art appraisals and Art Advisory projects.
– Review, edit and refine drafts of appraisals.
– Assist staff with ad hoc administrative tasks and projects as requested.
– BA and/or Master’s degree in Art History or related field.
– Strong typing, proofreading and copyediting skills are a must.
– Knowledge of modern and contemporary art practices.
– Auction house experience with an understanding of the appraisal process is preferred.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Appraisal Assistant (Temporary)” in the subject line. Walk-ins or phone inquiries will not be accepted for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, committed to ensuring that all current and prospective employees are afforded equal opportunities.
Employee health and safety is of the utmost importance and as such Gagosian is committed to adhering to New York State Department of Health COVID safety guidelines.