New York, NY
Gagosian Art Advisory seeks a dynamic, detail-oriented Appraisal Coordinator to support the Collections Management team in managing art appraisal processes.
Reporting to the Director and Associate Director of Gagosian Art Advisory LLC, the Appraisal Coordinator will be responsible for cataloging, researching and inputting data for fine art appraisal and auction projects. The ideal candidate should have strong attention to detail and be passionate about fine art, art history, and a proven knowledge of the life cycle of an artwork.
As part of the appraisal process, the Appraisal Coordinator will research the history of artworks for both appraisal and consignment purposes. The Appraisal Coordinator will input all relevant data, draft, edit and finalize appraisals, agreements and invoices, while managing the overview, internal correspondence and timeline to ensure project deadlines are met. This requires highly polished copyediting, proofreading, and clear communication skills, along with time management and great attention to detail.
Duties include but are not limited to
– Drafting agreements for various appraisals, including but not limited to, estate tax, charitable donation and insurance appraisals.
– Researching literature, exhibition history, and provenance for appraisal and auction projects.
– Data entry for all artworks into Collector Systems.
– Liaising with Collector Systems to improve appraisal projects and processes.
– Formatting and finalizing appraisals.
– Creating invoices for appraisals.
– Managing auction paperwork, including auction settlements, IC agreements, PIF/KYC as needed.
– BA and/or Master’s degree in Art History or related field.
– Strong typing, proofreading and copyediting skills are a must.
– Knowledge of modern and contemporary art practices.
– Auction house experience with an understanding of the appraisal process is preferred.
Skills and Abilities
– Strong time management skills and great attention to detail are a must.
– Proven ability and commitment to working collaboratively with excellent organizational and analytical skills.
– Ability to work effectively under pressure, with challenging and often simultaneous deadlines.
Full-Time, Regular position.
Salary commensurate with experience, comprehensive benefits package including two weeks’ paid vacation which increases with tenure.
Application Instructions / Public Contact Information
Please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Appraisal Coordinator” in the subject line. Walk-ins or phone inquiries will not be accepted for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, committed to ensuring that all current and prospective employees are afforded equal opportunities.
Employee health and safety is of the utmost importance and as such Gagosian is committed to adhering to New York State Department of Health covid safety guidelines.