New York, NY
Assistant to Artist Liaison
Gagosian is seeking a full-time Assistant to support one of the Gallery’s Artist Liaisons in New York.
The ideal candidate will have a BA or higher in Art History and at least two years relevant experience at a contemporary art gallery. Applicant attributes include, but are not limited to, outstanding organizational skills, multi-project and time management and attention to detail. The position involves significant contact with clients, artists, studio representatives and curators in a fast and dynamic working environment; discretion, sophistication, and poise are essential. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
Duties include but are not limited to the following
– Work alongside the Artist Liaison to manage the relationships between the gallery and the artists and their studios. Provide administrative, logistical and project management support.
– Coordinate all artist matters, including internal and external exhibitions, consignments, loans, commissions, publications, press, research, logistics and more.
– Update and maintain artwork inventory and liaise with gallery staff on condition, framing, crating, shipping, installation, photography, and storage.
– Keep track of the fabrication process and timeline, the payments for all primary works in production and the communication of status updates to sales staff.
– Provide client liaison support and manage day-to-day relationships with their offices (execute and track consignment agreements, offers, invoices, and payments, and implement and oversee shipping and installation schedules for sold artworks).
– Assist with administrative tasks such as booking travel arrangements and preparing travel itineraries, scheduling meetings and studio visits, and issuing expense reports.
– BA or MA in Art History or a related field.
– Minimum of 2+ years of experience in a similar role at a contemporary art gallery.
– A working knowledge of and passion for modern and contemporary art.
– A flexible schedule, with availability to work additional hours as needed.
– Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
– Ability to work quickly and accurately, with a keen eye for detail.
– Highly organized and efficient, with the ability to manage a heavy workload.
– Self-starter with the ability to work independently, yet at the same time an enthusiastic and collaborative team player.
– Competence to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
– Confidence when working with numbers and using Excel.
– Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects and tasks.
– Detail-oriented and proactive work ethic.
Full-Time/ Non-Exempt/Salaried position.
Salary commensurate with experience, comprehensive benefits package including three weeks’ paid vacation.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Assistant to Artist Liaison” in the subject line. Walk-ins or phone inquiries will not be accepted for this position.
Gagosian is committed to maintaining a diverse working environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation,