New York, NY
Gagosian is seeking a dynamic Benefits Manager to provide support to our US-based employees with a focus on both benefits administration and education. Candidates must be able to prioritize and respond quickly in a fast-paced environment, be proactive in their communication style, manage their time effectively, and become a subject matter expert on all Company benefit offerings.
Qualified candidates should be highly personable, motivated, and responsible and can take initiative and perform multiple tasks under pressure while maintaining flexibility, have a positive and friendly attitude, and be able to communicate patiently with employees across all levels of the Company.
Duties include but are not limited to
– Administration and communication of all benefit programs, policies and procedures;
– Partnering with the CFO, Global Director of HR and the Gallery's benefits broker to ensure offerings remain competitive and cost effective;
– Providing support to active and terminated employees on the following benefits: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, life insurances, short term disability, long term disability, FMLA, state LOA programs, paid parental leave, worker’s compensation, 401(k) savings plans and childcare and commuting benefits;
– Serving as a liaison between employees and benefit vendors;
– Answering benefit inquiries and resolving employee benefit issues in a timely, accurate manner;
– Leading benefits orientation for new hires;
– Managing the annual Open Enrollment which includes the development and execution of online benefits enrollment processes in partnership with our vendors, finalizing the renewal and documentation with our broker, coordinating informational meetings, and the creation and distribution of communication materials;
– Monitoring administration of and maintaining records for short term disability, long term disability, worker’s compensation and all paid and unpaid leaves;
– Providing benefits-related counseling to employees when separating from service;
– Ensuring best-in-class administrative practices, processes and procedures are in place and observed; maintains knowledge of industry trends;
– Ensuring regulatory and legal compliance by working with Finance, consultants, actuary, 401(k) vendor and outside counsel on required federal and state disclosures and notices;
– Coordinating health and wellness seminars and initiatives, flu shot program, and one-on-one meetings with financial advisors;
– Implementing benefit communication strategies with vendors such as employee educational information and benefits program marketing;
– Overseeing COBRA administration;
– Ensuring benefits-related invoices are forwarded to AP and payments are made; ensuring invoices are reviewed for accuracy and discrepancies are resolved;
– Partnering with Finance and Payroll to complete various benefits audits for 401(k) plan, pension plan, dependent/medical claims audit;
– Completing special projects (including EEOC reporting) as needed.
Qualifications for the role
– Minimum of 5 years of benefits administration experience.
– Benefits education facilitation experience preferred.
– Excellent communication and written skills are required.
– Professionalism and discretion is a must.
– Proactive planning ability combined with keen attention to detail.
– Possess excellent time management and organizational skills
– Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel.
– Ability to foster and develop relationships with vendors, brokers and employees.
– Work involves a degree of complexity which requires the ability to exercise sound judgment and decision-making.
– Knowledge of federal, state and local laws and regulations for COBRA, STD, FMLA, Worker’s Compensation, Retirement Administration.
Salary commensurate with experience, comprehensive benefits package including two weeks’ paid vacation.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Benefits Manager” in the subject line. Walk-ins or phone inquiries will not be accepted for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, committed to ensuring that all current and prospective employees are afforded equal opportunities.