New York, NY
Gagosian seeks a full-time Cataloguer to join its Upper East Side team.
- Catalogue secondary market artworks; primarily contemporary, but also impressionist and modern.
- Thoroughly research artworks provenance, exhibition and publication history.
- Research artworks using online databases, gallery library, offsite libraries and consignor’s liaisons within the gallery.
- Obtain certificates of authenticity or necessary certificates from outside experts and committees.
- Proofread cataloguing.
- Research general sales staff requests regarding works of art for sale.
The position schedule is Tuesday–Saturday.
- BA in Art History or comparable experience.
- A very strong interest in art and research, and knowledge of Contemporary art history, artists, and art market.
- At least 2-3 years working experience in the art world, preferably auction house cataloguing experience.
- Familiarity with art resources and databases.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Possess excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and communicate with a range of staff at all levels.
- Must be able to work independently and exercise judgement as needed.
- Able to complete work quickly, efficiently and accurately in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Meticulous attention to detail is a must.
- Excellent proofreading, communication and written skills.
Full-Time/Regular/Non-Exempt/Salaried position with overtime.
Salary commensurate with experience, comprehensive benefits package including two weeks’ paid vacation which increases with tenure.
Application Instructions / Public Contact Information
Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Cataloguer” in the subject line. Walk-ins or phone inquiries will not be accepted for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, committed to ensuring that all current and prospective employees are afforded equal opportunities.