New York, NY
Communications & Media Relations Coordinator
Gagosian is seeking a full-time Communications & Media Relations Coordinator to support the New York–based Communications operation.
The ideal candidate is outgoing organized and detail-oriented, has exemplary writing, proofreading and copy-editing skills, as well as the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment. An interest and experience in arts PR is preferred.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
– Provide general administrative support to the New York–based communications team
– Monitor press office and local gallery email inboxes
– Prepare agendas and media updates for colleagues & agency partners
– Manage press contact database
– Draft and copy edit/proofread written materials
– Assist with the development and distribution of press announcements
– Assist with campaign planning and strategy, media pitching and correspondence (image & information requests and follow up)
– Assist in planning and staffing press events
– BA required (preferred areas of study include communications, journalism, or art history)
– Experience in a commercial gallery, art institution press office or PR agency
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
– Team player
– Exceptional organizational and follow-up skills, with the ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and Word, as well as Adobe Photoshop
– Basic understanding of social media tools + channels
– Interest and basic knowledge of arts / luxury publications
Salary commensurate with experience; comprehensive benefits package.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Communications & Media Relations Coordinator ” in the subject line. Walk-ins or phone inquiries will not be accepted for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, committed to ensuring that all current and prospective employees are afforded equal opportunities.
Employee health and safety is of the utmost importance and as such Gagosian is committed to adhering to New York State Department of Health COVID safety guidelines.