New York, NY
Digital and Video Production Assistant
Gagosian seeks a full-time Digital and Video Production Assistant to join its Gagosian Quarterly team in an online and digital media capacity. Working alongside the editors for the online magazine, this role will assist in the production of video and other digital content for the Quarterly and other gallery projects.
The ideal candidate will be able to effectively prioritize, handle tight deadlines, efficiently manage time, and possess strong, independent judgment. They must be thorough, detail-oriented, positive, hardworking, and willing to take initiative and perform multiple tasks under pressure while maintaining flexibility and patience.
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
– Tracking and maintaining video production schedules, workflows, and approvals for editorial and gallery projects;
– Assisting with video production, including some video editing, preparing and adding title cards, subtitling, and SRT files for closed captioning, and administrative tasks including invoicing and compliance certification;
– Assisting in the production of online articles, including conversion of print articles to online posts, preparation of web-ready image files and digital flip books, and coordinating stakeholder review;
– Obtaining and managing image rights, approvals, and reproduction agreements where necessary;
– Assisting in the production of e-newsletters and e-blasts in coordination with the Quarterly editors and other publications team members;
– Coordinating digital asset archiving and maintaining the gallery’s Vimeo account;
– Supporting Publications colleagues with digital content projects as required;
– General administrative duties.
– Excellent computer skills, including Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere Pro, InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop), Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite;
– Experience working with a CMS platform, ideally in an editorial environment;
– Minimum one year experience in a similar role, including internship experience;
– Knowledge of modern and contemporary art;
– Excellent communication and written skills;
– Exceptional administrative, time-management, and organizational skills;
– Able to complete work efficiently and accurately in a deadline-driven environment.
Salary commensurate with experience; comprehensive benefits package.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Digital and Video Production Assistant” in the subject line. Walk-ins or phone inquiries will not be accepted for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, committed to ensuring that all current and prospective employees are afforded equal opportunities.
Employee health and safety is of the utmost importance and as such Gagosian is committed to adhering to New York State Department of Health COVID safety guidelines.