New York, NY
Gagosian seeks an experienced full-time E-Commerce Manager to oversee the new online Gagosian Shop. This is an exciting opportunity to join the team as the website launches following a redesign.
The E-Commerce Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the website, including content and optimization. The role will also define the overall strategy for the online shop to constantly improve website performance and increase revenue, including planning digital marketing and social media campaigns.
The ideal candidate will have extensive e-commerce experience, a proven track record in driving online sales, and a deep understanding of digital marketing channels and best practices. They should be highly organized and analytical, with excellent digital, content creation, and communication skills.
Duties include but not limited to
– Overseeing the day-to-day management of the Gagosian Shop website, including homepage curation
– Developing a content calendar to manage product uploads, including planning the batch upload of products from our backlog of inventory
– Adding and preparing products for site upload, including writing product descriptions
– Strategizing and planning online marketing campaigns in consultation with the gallery’s Marketing team, including planning seasonal campaigns, monthly e-newsletters and regular social media posts
– Copywriting and image preparation for marketing and social media channels, including liaising with photographers
– Develop ideas for special product launches, discounts and promotions
– Optimization of the site to drive sales and improve website performance, including working on SEO and liaising with Shopify Plus on updates
– Writing regular reports on both sales and website performance
– Make recommendations for improving the website and customer journey
– Working with the Retail & E-commerce Director and Retail Shop Manager to align the online shop strategy with the brick-and-mortar store and identify new products
Qualifications & Skills
– Minimum two years’ experience in a similar e-commerce management role
– Experience working with e-commerce/CMS platforms, ideally Shopify Plus
– Extensive understanding of digital marketing channels and best practices, including SEO
– Strong analytical skills, with experience generating sales reports and using Google Analytics
– Exceptional project management and organizational skills
– Strong copywriting and proofreading skills
– Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, in particular Photoshop
– Understanding of UX, UI, e-commerce design and development is a plus
– Passion for art and knowledge of the contemporary art world
Salary commensurate with experience; comprehensive benefits package.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “E-Commerce Manager” in the subject line. Walk-ins or phone inquiries will not be accepted for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, committed to ensuring that all current and prospective employees are afforded equal opportunities.
Employee health and safety is of the utmost importance and as such Gagosian is committed to adhering to New York State Department of Health COVID safety guidelines.