New York, NY
Employee Relations Manager
Gagosian seeks an experienced Employee Relations Manager to facilitate and manage employee relations on behalf of the company.
The Employee Relations Manager reports to the Global Director of Human Resources and will assist in the development and the implementation of Gagosian’s employee relations programs, policies, and procedures worldwide. This role requires a professional who will maintain open communication and build positive relationships with employees. In this role, the Employee Relations Manager will collaborate with the Human Resources team to facilitate performance management discussions, plan and execute events that enhance our employee experience, and address general employee concerns.
This demanding and fast-paced position requires an employee relations professional who exercises good judgement, is a self-starter, has strong writing, analytical and problem-solving skills, and who is highly-skilled at managing investigations.
Duties include but are not limited to
- Use surveys, interviews, and competitor data to inform proposals for Human Resource policies, compensation recommendations, and other matters.
- Research and explain laws and legal affairs concerning employment to managers, supervisors, and employees.
- Advise and train managers and supervisors in best practices related to team development, strategies for managing performance improvement and employee grievances.
- Represent the organization in negotiations with employees and vendors.
- Lead the development and rollout of a Performance Management program; develop on-going training to support managers and their direct reports in creating goals, presenting supporting data to measure performance and delivering feedback.
- Identify, investigate and analyze employee relations infractions and provide guidance to move towards problem resolution.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- A degree in Psychology, Organizational Development or equivalent direct-entry experience.
- Four to six years of professional human resource administration, including a minimum of four years in employee relations.
- SHRM or PHR certification preferred, but not required.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of state and federal laws concerning labor relations.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Thorough understanding of dispute resolution and compensation administration.
- Ability to remain tactful, calm, and persuasive in controversial and/or confrontational situations.
Full-Time, Regular position.
Salary commensurate with experience, comprehensive benefits package including three weeks’ paid vacation which increases with tenure.
Application Instructions / Public Contact Information
Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Employee Relations Manager” in the subject line. Walk-ins or phone inquiries will not be accepted for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, committed to ensuring that all current and prospective employees are afforded equal opportunities.
Employee health and safety is of the utmost importance and as such Gagosian is committed to adhering to New York State Department of Health COVID safety guidelines.