New York, NY
Gagosian is seeking a full-time Events Assistant.
Must have a professional demeanor and appearance, impeccable judgement with sensitive information, meticulous attention to detail, the ability to multitask, and a keen awareness of time-sensitivity are essential.
Duties include, but are not limited to
– Various administrative tasks for the Director of Client Relations and Senior Director of Client Relations.
– Create and maintain event guest lists.
– Execute invitation mailings, record RSVPs, and follow up with guests.
– Event preparation; print place cards using in-house printer, prepare labels for seating, prepare supplies in advance of each event.
– Maintain inventory of supplies such as envelopes, stamps, and place cards.
– Work check in at gallery events.
– Log and share information for gala events; track gala contributions and guest attendance.
– Update internal shared calendars.
– Take notes on department calls.
– Administrative tasks and organization related to press outreach.
– Ad-hoc projects as assigned.
– BA required, preferably in an art related field.
– Must have previous experience, preferably in the art world, as well as the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
– Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
– Exceptional organizational and follow-up skills, with the ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and Word, as well as Adobe Photoshop.
– The ability to work a flexible schedule for events held after work hours or on the weekend as requested.
Salary commensurate with experience, comprehensive benefits package.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Events Assistant” in the subject line. Walk-ins or phone inquiries will not be accepted for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, committed to ensuring that all current and prospective employees are afforded equal opportunities.
Employee health and safety is of the utmost importance and as such Gagosian is committed to adhering to New York State Department of Health COVID safety guidelines.