New York, NY
Gagosian is hiring a full-time Events Manager.
The Events Manager will manage the planning and execution of gallery events, ranging from openings to book signing. This will include researching venues, coordinating with vendors, assisting on site at events, and interacting with clients and guests.
Duties include, but are not limited to
- Research venues for gallery dinners and opening events.
- Oversee the list management process for gallery events, including invitation design, mailings, and follow ups.
- Coordinate with venues on event timing, external vendors, etc.
- Organize event details with entertainment management when applicable.
- Manage check-in staff onsite.
- Update internal databases.
- Manage gallery galas and donations.
- Organize and execute smaller events such as book signings, group tours, press previews, etc.
- Applicants must have a minimum of three years of experience in events.
- A professional demeanor and appearance, impeccable judgement and discretion with sensitive information.
- Meticulous attention to detail, the ability to multi-task, and a keen awareness of time-sensitivity are essential.
- The job is Monday - Friday, but the candidate must be flexible in the hours they are able to work, as the role is events-based.
Salary commensurate with experience; comprehensive benefits package.
Application Instructions / Public Contact Information
Please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Events Manager” in the subject line. Walk-ins or phone inquiries will not be accepted for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, committed to ensuring that all current and prospective employees are afforded equal opportunities.
Employee health and safety is of the utmost importance and as such Gagosian is committed to adhering to New York State Department of Health COVID safety guidelines.