New York, NY
Gagosian is hiring a full-time Events Manager.
The Events Manager will help with planning and executing gallery events. This will include researching venues, coordinating with vendors, assisting on site at events, responding to guests.
A professional demeanor and appearance, impeccable judgement and discretion with sensitive information, meticulous attention to detail, the ability to multi-task, and a keen awareness of time-sensitivity are essential.
Duties include, but are not limited to
– Research venues and vendors for a variety of events
– Coordinate event details with venue and vendors
– Invitation development with graphic designers
– Managing multiple guest lists and invitation mailings simultaneously
– Coordinating insurance and third party vendors
– Managing event staff and check in
– Updating and maintaining internal databases
– Bachelor’s degree in related field
– 3 years’ of event management or coordination experience
– Excellent communication and written skills
– Must be willing to work flexible schedule as determined by business volume
– Ability to work efficiently and accurately in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
– Must be able to work independently and exercise judgement as needed
– Must be highly detail-oriented
Salary commensurate with experience, comprehensive benefits package including three weeks’ paid vacation.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Events Manager” in the subject line. Walk-ins or phone inquiries will not be accepted for this position.
Gagosian is committed to maintaining a diverse working environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.