New York, NY
Gagosian is seeking an Exhibitions Assistant.
The Exhibitions Assistant will assist the Exhibition’s Manager with administrative preparation for gallery exhibitions. This is an entry level job that will require good “people skills,” phone skills, and the ability to multitask. The ideal candidate will be organized, detail oriented, proactive and thorough with all relevant paperwork and document retention.
Duties include but are not limited to
– Arrange travel arrangements for Manager and Director of Exhibitions.
– Provide the Exhibitions team with administrative, logistical, and project management support for upcoming exhibitions at all Chelsea locations.
– Conduct condition reports on incoming and outgoing work, and archiving the reports for reference.
– Manage all invoicing for Exhibitions, by ensuring invoices are submitted efficiently and tracking payment for vendors. Communicate with vendors to update them on payment status when necessary. Input all invoice details to record information for future reference.
– Handle all expenses for the Exhibitions team by filing receipts and expense reports. Create release and receipt paperwork, help with database management, and assist with artwork labeling.
– Oversee the physical and digital organization of past and present Exhibition materials and documents.
– General upkeep of the gallery, painting and lighting, and gallery opening/closing responsibilities.
Qualifications for the role
– BA or MA in Art History or a related field.
– Previous experience in the art world, registration/operations internship experience preferred.
– Must be responsible and able to follow through on tasks, take instruction from staff, as well as exercise absolute discretion with artists/estates, clients and sales staff.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required to effectively interact with all levels of the organization.
– Proven track record as an excellent, highly detail-oriented, proactive worker with the ability to both work independently and amongst a diverse group of peers.
– Exceptional organizational and follow-up skills, with the ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
– Basic knowledge of art handling practices.
– Willing to do manual labor and work additional hours, as needed.
The job is Tuesday–Saturday, but the candidate must be flexible in the hours they are able to work. This is an overtime-eligible position.
Full-Time/Regular/Non-Exempt/Salaried position with overtime.
Salary commensurate with experience, comprehensive benefits package including three weeks’ paid vacation and increased vacation with tenure.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Exhibitions Assistant” in the subject line. Walk-ins or phone inquiries will not be accepted for this position.
Gagosian is committed to maintaining a diverse working environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status