New York, NY
Gagosian is seeking an experienced, flexible, collaborative, transparent, and responsive leader to manage the growing needs of a busy and dynamic facility in the role of Facilities Manager.
As a facilities manager you will be directly responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of the entire facility daily. You will manage and assist in maintaining the gallery mechanical systems, including HVAC, electrical and security, along with ongoing and future construction projects. You will conduct daily inspections of the facilities, while making recommendations for improvements and repairs, as well as being accountable for reviewing invoices for accuracy and managing variances from estimated costs. As a Facilities Manager, you will also serve as liaison with building management concerning building and systems issues and tasks.
The ideal candidate will possess a broad and strong track record in facilities operations. This candidate will be responsible to manage the spaces, keeping them clean, highly functional and up to date. You will be a flexible, responsive and a team-oriented manager who is hands-on, a superior problem solver, and exhibits a proactive and transparent approach to management. Possessing a sense of urgency, the Facilities Manager must demonstrate an ability to work within a fast-paced environment, while maintaining effective time and financial management skills. This role will lead as a first responder that is available after-hours for security issues and emergency repairs.
– Knowledge of HVAC, electrical, security systems (burglar, cameras, fire, keys & locks), elevator maintenance and general building construction and maintenance.
– Excellent strategic, financial, project and time management skills.
– Proven ability to be proactive, communicate, motivate and lead.
– Experience in contracting with and supervision of outside contractors from the various trades and consultants.
– Collaborative management style and proven success in problem solving and conflict resolution.
– Ability to oversee a very busy and growing facility.
– Experience managing multiple simultaneous projects both large and small.
– Ability to be hands on and fix minor issues (painting/patching, plumbing/electrical/HVAC troubleshooting).
– Strong Excel skills to manage projects, budgets and invoice logs.
– Experience negotiating pricing for construction projects, repairs, supplies and contracts for HVAC, security systems, etc.
– Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Full-Time/Regular/Non-Exempt/Salaried position with overtime.
Salary commensurate with experience, comprehensive benefits package including three weeks' paid vacation which increases with tenure.
Application Instructions / Public Contact Information
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Facilities Manager” in the subject line. Walk-ins or phone inquiries will not be accepted for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, committed to ensuring that all current and prospective employees are afforded equal opportunities.