New York, NY
Gagosian seeks a Finance Director to lead the Accounting team.
Based in New York City, the Finance Director will report to the CFO and directly oversee the Accounting team. As a combination of Accounting and Finance, the role will become an organizational source of financial information with a primary focus on ensuring financial data integrity. The incumbent will be responsible for directing the accounting policies, procedures, and practices of the USA operations in accordance with group and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
The ideal candidate will be hands on, and have the leadership skills necessary to develop the function to meet growing business needs, by refining the systems and processes that will allow Gagosian to scale effectively.
Duties include but are not limited to
– Management of the accounting, controlling, tax and treasury function of legal entities in the United States, including management of the accounting team lead.
– As the key project stakeholder, represent Finance in the development and implementation process of the new ERP application D365.
– Maintenance and further development of the financial cockpit, ad-hoc analysis, quarterly reporting.
– Business partnering with all internal functions to improve efficiency, transparency and governance within the entire organization.
– Establishment/implementation of accounting procedures and policies in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and the state law of the business’s jurisdiction.
– Act as first point of contact with external auditors in regards to the financial quarterly review.
– Lead projects and initiatives striving to improve maturity profile of the Finance function (ownership of conceptualization, solution identification, implementation and maintenance).
– Oversee all activities related to state and federal tax compliance issues; work closely with the external tax consultants.
– Higher qualification in Finance and Accounting, valid CPA status.
– > 8 years of professional and management experience in a managerial accounting position.
– Expertise in US GAAP.
– Knowledge of complex ERP systems (SAP, Oracle, D365) is a prerequisite.
– Must maintain confidentiality of financial information.
Skills and Abilities
– Analytical, structured and independent working style with openness, flexibility and a high level of motivation.
– Team player/people person who inspires trust and confidence in others.
– Self-starter with an efficient way of working, who is proactive and persistent.
Full-Time, Regular position
Salary commensurate with experience, comprehensive benefits package
Application Instructions / Public Contact Information
Please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Finance Director” in the subject line. Walk-ins or phone inquiries will not be accepted for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, committed to ensuring that all current and prospective employees are afforded equal opportunities.
Employee health and safety is of the utmost importance and as such Gagosian is committed to adhering to New York State Department of Health covid safety guidelines.