New York, NY
Gagosian seeks a full-time Archivist to join its New York City team.
Reporting to the Head Archivist, the Archivist will create, enhance, and manage access to 30-plus-year-photographic archival data for the Sales, Publications, and Registrar departments. The ideal candidate will have the ability to multitask, work both independently and collaboratively, with superb communication and organization skills, and an eye for detail. The Archivist will maintain the organizational structure of image file servers, transparency binders, and executive personal devices.
The position schedule is Tuesday–Saturday.
Duties include but not limited to
– Field requests for photographs of artworks and exhibition installations associated with Gagosian and gallery-represented artists.
– Develop a quick response time for requests; managing multiple projects at once.
– Assemble exhibition and art fair show folders from coordinator checklists, determining which works of art must be photographed or rephotographed.
– Post-process new photographs in Photoshop.
– Create to-scale digital art mock-ups, exhibition model chips, and poster facsimiles in Photoshop.
– Review and format information output from the Gagosian database, label all incoming and outgoing artwork and exhibition imagery, and populate images in the gallery database.
– Assist Photographer/Head Archivist by scheduling on and off-site photography, managing correspondences, coordinating travel, securing and filling out required paperwork, and completing monthly expense reports.
– Ad hoc projects as assigned.
– Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Word, Excel/Google Sheets, and basic to advanced digital photography skills.
– Excellent written and verbal interpersonal communication skills.
– Background in Art History, preferred.
Salary commensurate with experience; comprehensive benefits package.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Archivist” in the subject line. Walk-ins or phone inquiries will not be accepted for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, committed to ensuring that all current and prospective employees are afforded equal opportunities.
Employee health and safety is of the utmost importance and as such Gagosian is committed to adhering to New York State Department of Health covid safety guidelines.