New York, NY
Gagosian seeks a full-time Gallery Assistant to support the Associate Director.
The ideal candidate will be friendly yet professional, maintain composure under pressure, possess sound organizational, research and writing skills with a keen attention to detail, the ability to work responsively and with discretion, and have a great memory for faces.
The position schedule is Tuesday–Saturday, with additional hours for openings and events.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
– Manage reception area, juggle incoming and outgoing phone calls in a bright and professional manner.
– Learn faces and names of those within the industry.
– Interact with gallery employees, interns, and clients at all levels.
– Manage gallery email account.
– Assist the Gallery openings, special events and meetings, such as the preparation of beverages, room reservations, press packets, catalogues, etc.
– Prepare gallery finance reports, maintain credit card receipts.
– Prepare overnight shipments and messenger deliveries, book reservations for appointments, order supplies, etc.
– Assist with property management and incidentals.
– Assist with exhibition planning and logistics, including organizing art handlers, coordinating signage, photography, floorplans, condition notes and reports, sourcing and renting special equipment, and scheduling security guards.
– Assist with the researching and generating of proposals for artists, gallery projects, and client offers.
– Assist with creating and manage guest lists for exhibitions and dinners.
– Ad hoc projects as assigned.
Qualifications and requirements:
– BA in Studio Art, Art History, Arts Administration or equivalent experience.
– Minimum of 1 year of relevant field experience, including internships.
– An active knowledge of, and passion for, modern and contemporary art, its discourse and its institutions.
– Proficiency in PC and Mac, Microsoft Office suite, including Excel and Word, as well as Adobe Photoshop, Sketchup, and Google Suite.
– Research experience preferred.
– Experience working with Concur preferred.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills, time-management and organization.
– Ability to work a flexible schedule and additional hours as needed for client viewings, openings and events.
Salary commensurate with experience; comprehensive benefits package.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Gallery Assistant” in the subject line. Walk-ins or phone inquiries will not be accepted for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, committed to ensuring that all current and prospective employees are afforded equal opportunities.
Employee health and safety is of the utmost importance and as such Gagosian is committed to adhering to California State Department of Health COVID safety guidelines.