New York, NY
Gagosian is seeking a bright, passionate and organized Human Resources Coordinator to provide administrative support to our New York-based Head of Human Resources and the local HR team. This position will assist Human Resources team with planning and execution of practices, programs, and initiatives to support employee lifecycle, engagement, recognition, benefits, compliance, immigration, and other HR practices.
Candidates must be able to prioritize and respond quickly, be inquisitive, manage their time effectively, and possess strong, independent judgement. As this role has an internal and external customer service component, a highly personable and professional personality would be best suited for this position.
Duties include but are not limited to
– Maintain employee records with internal employee files and external HR systems, including ensuring all employee records are compliant and up to date, organizing physical file storage and digital employee files and performing department audits, as directed.
– Manage administrative duties, such as maintaining the Head of Human Resources’ calendar, highlighting key appointments, responding to requests for meetings, and preparing department expense reports and maintaining HR meeting notes, etc.
– Assist with incoming and outgoing correspondence including incoming mail and email.
– Confirm staff attendance at mandatory trainings.
– Draft internal communications, including but not limited to wage notifications, employment verification letters, birthday and anniversary emails and staffing announcements, etc.
– Assist with various projects across the Human Resources function as assigned.
– Manage employee lifecycle records such as updating new hire onboarding and off-boarding checklists, updating HR systems and organizational charts with promotions and manager changes, preparing off-boarding documents, etc.
– Assist Recruiter with onboarding in an administrative capacity, including preparing welcome materials and resources for new hire orientation, updating internal files and the HRIS, ensuring compliance throughout the process.
– Conduct benefits orientations as part of new hire orientation, providing new hires with information about their benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401K, etc.
– Support department-sponsored events, including informational sessions, health and wellness clinics, and all other internal and external activities.
Qualifications for the role
– A Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
– Long-term interest in a career within the field of Human Resources.
– Excellent communication and written skills are required.
– Professionalism and discretion is a must.
– Proactive planning ability combined with keen attention to detail.
– Possess excellent time management and organizational skills
– Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Benefits and perks
– Comprehensive benefits suite through Cigna, including a fully subsidized employee only level HSA plan
– MetLife pet insurance
– A 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match
– Employee discount on Gagosian products and publications
– Pre-tax flexible spending, dependent care, and commuter benefits
Full-Time/Regular/Non-Exempt/Salaried position with overtime. Monday to Friday, onsite, with additional hours as needed.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “HR Coordinator” in the subject line. Walk-ins or phone inquiries will not be accepted for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, committed to ensuring that all current and prospective employees are afforded equal opportunities.
Employee health and safety is of the utmost importance and as such Gagosian is committed to adhering to New York State Department of Health COVID safety guidelines.