New York, NY
Human Resources Coordinator
Gagosian is seeking a bright, passionate, and organized Human Resources Coordinator to provide administrative support to our New York-based Global Director of Human Resources and the local HR team. This position is responsible for managing all administrative-related activities within the New York office.
Candidates must be able to prioritize and respond quickly, be inquisitive, manage their time effectively, and possess strong, independent judgement. As this role has an internal and external customer service component, a highly personable and professional personality would be best suited for this position.
Duties include but are not limited to
– Assist Human Resources team with planning and execution of practices, programs, and initiatives to support employment practices, organizational development, employee engagement, recognition, retention, compliance, audit, immigration, work from home initiatives and other HR practices.
– Review and monitor HR processes, policies and procedures and propose updates and enhancements.
– Maintains employee records with internal employee files and external HR systems, including ensuring all employee records are compliant and up to date, organizing physical file storage and digital employee files and performing department audits, as directed.
– Manage administrative duties, such as maintaining calendars, highlighting key appointments, responding to requests for meetings, preparing department expense reports, etc.
– Manage incoming and outgoing correspondence including incoming mail and email.
– Support department-sponsored events, including career fairs, informational sessions, health and wellness clinics, and all other internal and external activities.
– Confirm staff attendance at mandatory trainings.
– Organize and manage regular on-site COVID testing and requests for travel-related appointments.
– Manage internal communications, including but not limited to wage notifications, holiday closure announcements, birthday and anniversary emails and weekly new hire announcements.
– Manage employee lifecycle records such as updating new hire onboarding and off-boarding checklists, updating HR systems and organizational charts with promotions and manager changes, preparing off-boarding documents, etc.
– Assist with various other projects across the Human Resources function as assigned.
Qualifications for the role
– A long-term interest in a career within the field of Human Resources, with the option to register this role under the SHRM Apprenticeship Program.
– Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role, including internships.
– Excellent communication and written skills are required.
– Professionalism and discretion is a must.
– Proactive planning ability combined with keen attention to detail.
– Possess excellent time management and organizational skills.
– Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel.
Full-Time/Regular/Non-Exempt/Salaried position with overtime.
Salary commensurate with experience, comprehensive benefits package including three weeks’ paid vacation which increases with tenure.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “HR Coordinator” in the subject line. Walk-ins or phone inquiries will not be accepted for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, committed to ensuring that all current and prospective employees are afforded equal opportunities.
Employee health and safety is of the utmost importance and as such Gagosian is committed to adhering to New York State Department of Health COVID safety guidelines.