New York, NY
Gagosian is seeking a full-time Press Coordinator.
Must have a professional demeanor and appearance, impeccable judgement with sensitive information, meticulous attention to detail, the ability to multitask, and a keen awareness of time-sensitivity are essential.
Duties include, but are not limited to
– Coordinate with external press firms on outreach for New York, Los Angeles, and San Francisco exhibitions, providing additional support for exhibitions in European galleries as needed.
– Track progress and updates on weekly calls with external press firms.
– Update pitch and outreach logs for NY and CA.
– Organize information about upcoming shows.
– Help coordinate sending of special Gagosian updates for press contacts around major events, such as art fairs.
– Liaise with building management for photographer/filmer insurance.
The job is Monday–Friday, but the candidate must be flexible in the hours they are able to work. This is an overtime-eligible position.
Qualifications for the role
– BA is required, preferably in an art related field.
– Must have 1–2 years previous experience in the art world, as well as the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
– Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
– Exceptional organizational and follow-up skills, with the ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
– Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and Word, as well as Adobe Photoshop.
Full-Time/Regular/Non-Exempt/Salaried position with overtime.
Salary commensurate with experience, comprehensive benefits package including three weeks’ paid vacation and increased vacation with tenure.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Press Coordinator” in the subject line. Walk-ins or phone inquiries will not be accepted for this position.
Gagosian is committed to maintaining a diverse working environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.