New York, NY
Gagosian is hiring a full-time Press Manager.
Duties include but not limited to
– Coordinate with external press firms on outreach for New York, Los Angeles, and San Francisco exhibitions, providing additional support for exhibitions in European galleries as needed.
– Research previous press on artists to inform strategy for shows.
– Pitch media outlets for upcoming exhibitions per the determined press strategy.
– Manage updates to pitch and outreach logs, and internal documents.
– Draft and coordinate sending of special Gagosian updates for press contacts around major events, such as art fairs.
– Coordinate with gallery archivist to compile press clippings.
– Work with external partners to secure coverage on Gagosian artists’ shows where necessary.
– Maintain and grow relationships with members of the press on Gagosian’s behalf.
– Monitor updates to the artist press logs and press email account.
– Coordinate select press viewings and special tours of exhibitions.
– Respond to fact checking questions and inquiries from press.
– Request corrections where appropriate.
– BA is required, preferably in an art related field.
– Must have previous experience in the art world and with press and events, as well as the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
– Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
– Exceptional organizational and follow-up skills, with the ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
– Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and Word, as well as Adobe Photoshop.
Salary commensurate with experience, comprehensive benefits package including three weeks’ paid vacation.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Press Manager” in the subject line. Walk-ins or phone inquiries will not be accepted for this position.
Gagosian is committed to maintaining a diverse working environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.