New York, NY
Gagosian is hiring a full-time Press Manager.
Duties include, but are not limited to
- Coordinate with external press firms on outreach for New York and Los Angeles exhibitions, provide additional support for exhibitions in European and Asian galleries as needed.
- Research previous press on artists to inform strategy for shows.
- Pitch media outlets for upcoming exhibitions per the determined press strategy.
- Manage updates to pitch and outreach logs, and internal documents.
- Draft and coordinate sending of special Gagosian updates for press contacts around major events, such as art fairs.
- Prepare briefing documents for staff and artists ahead of arranged interviews.
- Work with the Press Coordinator and Gallery Archivist to compile press clippings.
- Work with institutions and external partners to secure coverage on Gagosian artists’ shows where necessary.
- Maintain and grow relationships with members of the press on Gagosian’s behalf.
- Monitor updates to the artist press logs and press email account.
- Coordinate select press viewings and special tours of exhibitions.
- Respond to fact checking questions and inquiries from press.
- Request corrections when necessary.
- Applicants must have a minimum of five years of experience in press relations in the arts and culture field, and strong press contacts.
- A professional demeanor and appearance, impeccable judgement and discretion with sensitive information.
- Meticulous attention to detail, the ability to multi-task, and a keen awareness of time-sensitivity are essential.
Salary commensurate with experience; comprehensive benefits package.
Application Instructions / Public Contact Information
Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Press Manager” in the subject line. Walk-ins or phone inquiries will not be accepted for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, committed to ensuring that all current and prospective employees are afforded equal opportunities.
Employee health and safety is of the utmost importance and as such Gagosian is committed to adhering to New York State Department of Health COVID safety guidelines.