New York, NY
Print Production Manager
Gagosian seeks an experienced full-time Print Production Manager to join its small yet dynamic Publications team, which collectively oversees the gallery’s prestigious and multifaceted publishing and digital projects. This person will manage all aspects of manufacturing related to the physical details of new publication titles, which includes books, posters, and stationery items. (Note: This is not an editorial position.)
The gallery has been publishing actively since 1985, producing a vast range of catalogues raisonnés, monographs, artist’s books, scholarly exhibition catalogues, and limited editions. Over that time we have published more than 550 titles, rivaling the output of traditional arts trade publishers. The primary goal of our Publications Department is to provide exceptional content that is informative and engaging on gallery artists and ensure that their works are reproduced as accurately as possible in all formats.
The Print Production Manager will coordinate logistics of all book and printed materials from start to finish and serve as a liaison between the gallery’s editors and outside vendors including printers, color separators, designers, and shippers. The candidate must be able to work with domestic and international vendors on varied book formats and be able to handle special projects as they arise, on budget and on time.
Duties include but are not limited to
– Obtaining competitive manufacturing pricing on new projects
– Researching new printers and staying up to date on materials
– Ordering book dummies; confirming and ordering materials in a timely manner
– Establishing and monitoring production schedules and budgets
– Reviewing color proofs against artworks, and with relevant parties, including artist studios or foundations
– Communicating with vendors and resolving quality issues as needed
– Various administrative duties such as tracking/preparing all incoming and outgoing packages to and from suppliers
– Coordinate with distribution manager on freight forwarding and shipping
– A minimum of five years of experience in 4/c print production, preferably on art-focused titles
– Must have a solid understanding of all stages of book manufacturing including estimating, scheduling, prepress, color correcting, and printing and binding techniques and materials
– Must be a highly organized self-motivated team player who is flexible and able to prioritize a busy workload
– Detail-oriented and meticulous
–Meet in-house publication standards and quality control expectations
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, Mac OS, and Adobe InDesign. Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is desirable
– Excellent communication and written skills
– Exemplary time management and organizational skills
– Ability to complete work efficiently and accurately in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, and handle confidential information in a professional manner
– Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within the department, as well as liaise with other internal departments and galleries within Gagosian’s global network
Full-Time, Regular position
Salary commensurate with experience, comprehensive benefits package
Application Instructions / Public Contact Information
Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Print Production Manager” in the subject line. Walk-ins or phone inquiries will not be accepted for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, committed to ensuring that all current and prospective employees are afforded equal opportunities.
Employee health and safety is of the utmost importance and as such Gagosian is committed to adhering to New York State Department of Health covid safety guidelines.