New York, NY
Public Programs Assistant
Gagosian seeks a full-time Public Programs Assistant to support the Events team.
The Public Programs Assistant will provide administrative support to the Director of Public Programs with day-to-day operations to help execute events, on-site and online. The Public Programs Assistant should have meticulous attention to detail, the ability to effectively multi-task, and a keen awareness of time-sensitivity.
Responsibilities include but not limited to
– Oversee the data collection, analysis, and reporting on all events; liaise with online sales team and send post-event data to appropriate departments.
– Create and maintain the global Gallery events calendar.
– Conduct and maintain ongoing research into contributors, collaborators, partners and venues.
– Assist in event outreach and manage guest lists such as sending invitations, following up on inquiries, tracking responses, and logging registrants information.
– Manage logistics of in-person events; liaise with various vendors for event planning and execution, including but not limited to, catering, A/V, and rental companies.
– Provide administrative support, including scheduling meetings, making travel arrangements, submitting expense reports, overseeing calendar management, and contacts.
– Organize all event team meetings, prepare agendas, take notes and circulate to appropriate departments.
– Act as liaison between the Director of Public Programs and other departments when administering and organizing proper materials for events.
– Assist with departmental budget reconciliation and reporting, expense tracking, and invoice processing for events.
– BA and/or Master’s degree in related field.
– Excellent computer skills, including Google Suite and Microsoft Office Suite.
– Ability to work effectively under pressure, with challenging and often simultaneous deadlines.
– Exceptional time management skills with the ability to work independently and collaboratively as an enthusiastic team player.
Salary commensurate with experience, comprehensive benefits package including two weeks’ paid vacation which increases with tenure.
Application Instructions / Public Contact Information
Please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Public Programs Assistant” in the subject line. Walk-ins or phone inquiries will not be accepted for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, committed to ensuring that all current and prospective employees are afforded equal opportunities.
Employee health and safety is of the utmost importance and as such Gagosian is committed to adhering to New York State Department of Health covid safety guidelines.