New York, NY
Gagosian is seeking a full-time Publications Assistant to join the publications department in New York.
The ideal candidate will be able to effectively prioritize, handle tight deadlines, efficiently manage time, and possess strong, independent judgment. He or she must be thorough, positive, hardworking, and be willing to take initiative and perform multiple tasks under pressure while maintaining flexibility and patience.
Duties include but are not limited to
– Working with project editors to assist in the aspects of book production
– Sourcing and organizing artwork files from gallery archivists, artist studios, and/or third party photographers
– Obtaining and managing image rights, approvals, and reproduction agreements
– Image research and fact-checking
– Writing artwork captions and credits
– Creating print-ready files for gallery signage in InDesign
– Image editing for gallery communications and ephemera
– Various administrative duties such as keeping department supplies stocked and tracking/preparing all incoming and outgoing packages
– Must be proficient in Photoshop, InDesign, and Excel.
– Must have strong knowledge of the gallery world and modern and contemporary art.
– BA in art history or related field.
– Excellent communication and written skills.
– Possess excellent time management and organizational skills.
– Able to complete work efficiently and accurately in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
Full-Time/Regular/Non-Exempt/Salaried position with overtime.
Salary commensurate with experience, comprehensive benefits package including three weeks’ paid vacation.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Publications Assistant” in the subject line. Walk-ins or phone inquiries will not be accepted for this position.
Gagosian is committed to maintaining a diverse working environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.