New York, NY
Gagosian is currently seeking a full-time Registrar.
Qualified candidates should be detail-orientated and highly organized along with the ability to multi-task, handle a high level of volume and complexity, with attention to time-sensitivity. Must be a talented communicator, who thrives in a fast paced environment.
Basic duties include but are not limited to
The Registrar will arrange the safe packing and transport of art obtaining the best value pricing while keeping artwork safe in transit. This includes shipments to and from museums, galleries, clients and artists. The candidate will maintain shipping records, condition reports and installation instructions while updating the records in the in-house developed database. This is an opportunity to work on the preeminent art exhibitions and international art fairs.
- Must have expertise packing and shipping of art domestically and internationally including US and international import and export regulations such as CITES.
- Excellent communication skills are required to effectively interact with all levels of the organization.
- This position requires the ability to handle a high level of volume and complexity with speed.
- Detail orientation along with the ability to multitask is a must.
- Knowledge including but not limited to strong fine-art supplier contacts, packing and crating, modes of transport, import and export compliance in the US and other countries.
- Experience managing and overseeing loans to and from Museums and other institutions.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office especially Excel.
- Experience performing and reading condition reports.
- Experience lighting, hanging and installing high-value art, preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years experience with 5 or more years of experience preferred handling high-value art as a Registrar in the auction/fine-art shipper/gallery/museum environment.
- BA or BS required, preferably in an art field or extensive art experience.
Salary commensurate with experience, comprehensive benefits package including three weeks’ paid vacation.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Registrar” in the subject line. Walk-ins or phone inquiries will not be accepted for this position.
Gagosian is committed to maintaining a diverse working environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.