New York, NY
Gagosian seeks a full-time Sales Assistant to support online sales initiatives.
Reporting to the Head of Online Sales, the Sales Assistant will provide administrative and sales support in the execution of both private sales and the planning and management of online sales strategies.
The Sales Assistant should be fully committed, highly organized and an extremely detail-oriented individual with a passion for art and an enthusiasm for innovating in the contemporary art market. The ideal candidate will have the ability to work collaboratively across departments to help produce acclaimed online sales presentations and online events.
Responsibilities include but not limited to
– Provide sales support, including drafting consignment agreements, preparing sales reports on individual works, processing invoices, and coordinating artwork shipments with various departments.
– On a daily basis, field a large volume of online sales inquiries from gagosian.com users and third-party online sales platforms such as Artsy, Artnet, Ocula, and log information from inquiries accordingly.
– Update and maintain third party online sales platforms with appropriate exhibition and art fair information, including uploading images, work details, and press releases.
– Assist with online sales presentations hosted on gagosian.com, such as Artist Spotlight and online art fairs, by coordinating database tags, among other items.
– Work closely with the Digital Sales Analyst to account for and log information on all Gallery sales related to online presentations.
– Work closely with the Head of Online Sales and the Events Team to produce sales aspects for events (currently online-only) and coordinate follow-ups with attendees.
– Work with the Head of Online Sales, the Digital Sales Analyst, and other departments to identify and engage VIP subscribers, inquirers, and online event attendees across multiple platforms.
– Balance multiple, fast-paced sales related conversations with various clients and field several daily online sales inquiries quickly and thoughtfully with the goal of engaging collectors.
– Oversee expenses and travel arrangements as needed.
Qualifications for the role
– BA and/or Master’s degree in Art History or related field.
– Excellent computer skills, including Google Suite, Artnet, and Microsoft Office Suite.
– Knowledge of the artists Gagosian represents is a plus.
Skills and Abilities
– Ability to work effectively under pressure, with challenging and often simultaneous deadlines.
– Exceptional time management skills with the ability to work independently and collaboratively as an enthusiastic team player.
– Ability to assemble effective, on-brand sales documents with images and text.
Salary commensurate with experience, comprehensive benefits package including two weeks’ paid vacation which increases with tenure.
Application Instructions / Public Contact Information
Please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Sales Assistant” in the subject line. Walk-ins or phone inquiries will not be accepted for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, committed to ensuring that all current and prospective employees are afforded equal opportunities.
Employee health and safety is of the utmost importance and as such Gagosian is committed to adhering to New York State Department of Health covid safety guidelines.