New York, NY
Social Media Coordinator
Gagosian is seeking a full-time Social Media Coordinator to join the Social Media team.
The ideal candidate will be a team player with high levels of self-initiative, who is able to effectively prioritize multiple projects and administrative tasks to meet tight deadlines. They must have a passion for social media, meticulous attention to detail, and excellent writing and computer skills.
This role would suit someone with at least one year’s experience in a similar digital role. He or she must have demonstrated the ability to work collaboratively in both a small team, as well as within a larger organization.
The position schedule is Tuesday–Saturday, 10am–6:30pm, with additional hours as needed.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
– Writing, editing, scheduling, and posting content to Gagosian’s social media platforms.
– Liaising with staff, artist studios, and external organizations for approvals.
– Editing and creating video, photographic, and graphic content using Adobe Creative Suite.
– Undertaking community management across social platforms, including responding to post comments and direct messages.
– Developing new content ideas and formats to promote gallery activities, including exhibitions, fairs, events, museum exhibitions, and publications.
– Identifying new social media trends, features, and potential areas for audience growth.
– Monitoring social media analytics and using these insights to improve output.
– Occasional assistance with the creation and scheduling of gallery newsletters.
– Liaising with other internal departments (Publications, Press, Events, Archivists, etc.).
– BA degree in Art History or related field.
– Knowledge of the gallery world and contemporary/modern art.
– Minimum one year’s experience in a similar digital role.
– Passion for social media and up-to-date knowledge of the latest social media developments and trends.
– Knowledge and experience of using Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr, Twitter, and YouTube.
– Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, and Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere Pro, InDesign, Photoshop).
– Excellent written English and impeccable grammar.
– Excellent time management and organizational skills.
Full-Time/Regular/Non-Exempt/Salaried position with overtime.
Salary commensurate with experience, comprehensive benefits package including two weeks’ paid vacation.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Social Media Coordinator” in the subject line. Walk-ins or phone inquiries will not be accepted for this position.
Gagosian is committed to maintaining a diverse working environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.