New York, NY
Special Events Coordinator
Gagosian is seeking a full-time Special Events Coordinator.
The Special Events Coordinator will help with planning and executing gallery events. This will include researching venues, coordinating with vendors, assisting on site at events, responding to guests.
Must have a professional demeanor and appearance, impeccable judgement and discretion with sensitive information, meticulous attention to detail, the ability to multi-task, and a keen awareness of time-sensitivity are essential.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
– Liaise with restaurant or venue about event details, including menu cards, guest counts, timelines, and relaying dietary restrictions for individual guests, etc.
– Research venues online and maintain venue information folder with private dining and buyout packages.
– Organizing and executing events such as group tours and private visits etc.
– Manage guest list creation in Google Docs.
– Oversee the list management, invitation mailings, RSVPs, and follow ups.
– Event preparation: Coordinate place card printing using in-house printer, mail merging of guest names onto sticky labels for seating, gathering supplies in advance of each event, and uploading final guest list to check-in app.
– Maintain inventory of supplies such as envelopes, stamps, and place cards.
– Relay event details to graphic designers for invitation creation.
– Coordinate and work check in at events.
– Maintain event files with past dinner lists, seating charts, menus, and invoices.
– Monitor updating the internal documents with who was invited to dinners.
– Sharing and logging gala information and liaising with external parties.
– Tracking gala contributions and guest attendance at galas.
– Updating internal shared calendar.
– Internal office event coordination.
– Implement electronic invitations and seating.
– Update training guide.
The job is Monday–Friday, but the candidate must be flexible in the hours they are able to work, as the role is events-based. This is an overtime-eligible position.
Qualifications for the role
– BA is required, preferably in an art related field.
– Must have previous experience with events, preferably in the art world, as well as the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
– Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
– Exceptional organizational and follow-up skills, with the ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
– Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and Word, as well as Adobe Photoshop.
Full-Time/Regular/Non-Exempt/Salaried position with overtime.
Salary commensurate with experience, comprehensive benefits package including three weeks’ paid vacation and increased vacation with tenure.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Special Events Coordinator” in the subject line. Walk-ins or phone inquiries will not be accepted for this position.
Gagosian is committed to maintaining a diverse working environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.